Shillong : Lands Of Clouds, Wilds And Mighty Brahmaputra (7 days, 6 nights)
Meet and greet by our enthusiastic representative at Guwahati Airport/Station and drive to Shillong. En route witness the Umiam Lake or Barapani - is the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya in midst of sylvan hills adorned by Khasi pines & peerless beauty.
Check-in to your Hotel and after refreshments visit Cathedral of Mary and Ward’s Lake ( depends upon time ). Evening is at your leisure to explore the region on your own. You may take a walk to the famous Police Bazaar for shopping. Overnight in Shillong.
After breakfast drive to Cherrapunjee, the wettest place on earth, for an awesome day trip. En route visit the famous Elephant Falls and Shillong Peak - to enjoy a bird’s eye view of Shillong city. At Sohra, stop at the Duwan Sing Syiem view point for mesmerizing views of the Hills.
In Cherrapunjee, be ready to witness to the gorgeous Seven Sisters Falls and Nohkalikai Falls. Later take a soft cave walk inside the Mawsmai Cave. The limestone cave is a natural wonder with innumerable formations inside it.
After lunch at Cherrapunjee, visit
• Thankarang Park,
• KohRamhah and
• Khrem Falls
Drive back to Shillong for overnight stay.
Morning after breakfast depart for a whole day excursion to Mawllynong:
Mawlynnong Village has earned the distinction of being the cleanest village in India. It is situated 90 kms from Shillong and besides the picturesque village, offers many interesting sights such as the living root bridge and another strange natural phenomenon of a boulder balancing on another rock.
Mawlynnong nestled in the pristine hill state of Meghalaya, is along the Indo-Bangla border. This cute and colorful little village is known for its cleanliness. The main occupation of the villagers is agriculture. They mostly grow betel nut. About 82 households live in Mawlynnong. Keeping the surrounding environment clean is an age old tradition. Discover India magazine declared the village as the cleanest in Asia in 2003.
Dawki: A day’s excursion from Mawlynnong, Dawki lies just about 2 Kms from Bangladesh. Despite the fact that the area is located in a place that has been for years demanding development, one is amazed by the quality of the roads, and the road to Dawki perhaps epitomizes the idyllic hill drive. The black metalled road, offset by the rich, wet green and dark red-brown patches offered a smooth contrast that technology can scarcely capture. The cool, wet air brushes over your face and refreshes and revitalizes you as it enters your body. Dawki is a small village and its main attraction is the Umngot River that marks the natural separation between the Khasi and the Jaintia Hills. The river can be forded by a suspension bridge that connects India to Bangladesh and facilitates trade between the two nations. The Umngot is the site for a boat race that is held in March-April, but even otherwise, seeing this large emerald-green serpent threading its way through the hills, with fishermen’s boats dotting its surface, right into the plains of Bangladesh, is a sight whose majesty echoes long after you leave it.
Following activities can be pre-arranged in Dawki (Payment to be made on the spot, not covered in the trip charges)
• Scuba diving: INR 2800/- per person
• Zip line: INR 700/- per person
• Cliff jumping: INR 450/- per person
• Kayaking: INR 650/- per person
• Snorkelling: INR 650/- per person
• Trekking: INR 450/- per person
• Rock climbing/ Rappelling: INR 1200/- per person
Later return to Shillong. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast drive to Kaziranga. Check in at hotel. Overnight at Kaziranga.
Kaziranga, the World Heritage Site is the oldest park in Assam & is located on the banks of the Brahmaputra River. Kaziranga National Park is a natural habitat for conservation of biologically diverse flora & fauna. It is inhabited by the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceros besides sheltering about 15 species of India’s threatened mammals. There are numerous other major wildlife fauna.
Early morning we shall enjoy an Elephant ride @5-30 A.M/6: 30 A.M./ 7 :30 A.M.( Subject to allotment from forest department). Return for Breakfast to hotel. After breakfast, proceed for Jeep safari in the Central Range. With Kohora as the entry point, the Central Range covers the Daphlang and Kathpora . Later enjoy Local Village & Tea Garden (Outer View) tour. Overnight at Kaziranga.
In the afternoon you may take an optional Jeep Safari (at an additional cost) in Western Range of Kaziranga National Park. With Bagori as the entry point, the range covers the Monabeel, Bimoli, Donga areas.
Overnight in Kaziranga.
After Breakfast check out and drive to Guwahati. Check in at Hotel in Guwahati. Later visit Kamakhya Temple, Sankardev Kalakhetra.
Overnight at Guwahati.
After Breakfast drive to Guwahati Airport /Station. Tour ends with beautiful memories.
Go for Booking
• Sightseeing as per the itinerary
• 06 Breakfast at the hotels mentioned
• Accommodation for 6 nights 7 days on double sharing basis
• All Transfers, excursions & sightseeing as per the itinerary by private TOYOTA Innova in Deluxe Package
• Below 5 Yrs Child sharing same bed with parents will be Complimentary
• Parking and all transport related expense including Driver Services
• All toll taxes, parking fees, Fuel and driver's allowances
• Welcome drink on arrival
• All Transport & Hotels Related Taxes
• GST & all Government Taxes
• 24 - hour helpline
• Assistance on Arrival
• Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, porterage
• Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
• Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary
• Entrance Fees & Guide charges
• Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, who is directly payable on the spot)
• Any increase in Airlines taxes or fuel price at the time of departure, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure
• Still camera/ video camera charger